List

   I too would like to be apart of a new distro, but I fear that it would take
some
time to outline just what we would want and at least a year or two to do such.
I also would hate it if that were started and never completed as per Lonnie's
remarks, very wise Lonnie.  While some of us lowly sub Linux type would
gravel to be in the present of Guru(s) the likes of NeLlama, Burns Kurt Les
Skippy and the many others, I may not have all the time needed. I do have some
as I am trying to finish a degree in CSCI, so I can get a job again, but I do
carry
a full load. I am in the midst of designing a new IDE for Linux using a xclass
library I found. It is somewhat outdated and I am bringing it up to latest ANSI -
ISO level with stl. While I still use Kdevelop, it does work but I do not like
QT.
I have grown very found of xfce & would want it on all my machines. I do have
a possible scenerio here, What if, no it is not HP<g>, we took a distro that we
all
agreeded upon and rebuilt it. Also create a new installer program that would be
more to our liking. I have done some of that in the past, but would need good
direction from our better people here. I think Skippy may just be on to something

down under with what he is doing. Am I off base & just rambling here? If there
is a new roll our own, I would like to be apart of it, or any other direction
this list
goes.

cheers

--