As near as I can tell, Mandrake left Walmart's shelves because of some
reorganization at Pearson, who published their U.S. boxed sets.  Through
version 8.1, they were sold by Macmillan Software, while 8.2 is sold by
Pearson Education.  Locally, 8.1 was about $30.00 at Best Buy and
MicroCenter, and about $25.00 at Walmart.  Now 8.2 is about $40.00, and I
haven't seen it at Best Buy or Walmart.  And I don't find  the
www.macmillansoftware.com web site any more.

At 12:19 PM 7/12/02 -0400, Matthew Carpenter wrote:
>I've seen Mandrake come and goe at least once already from Walmart's
>shelves.  If they do Mandrake on the machines, too, they'll probably bring
>it back again soon.
>
>On Fri, 12 Jul 2002 10:26:21 -0500
>"Stuart Biggerstaff" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> >  The
> > timing is kind of interesting, since availability of these almost
> > coincides with Mandrake disappearing from the software shelves at
> > Walmart's stores.

Stuart Biggerstaff

Linda Hall Library of Science Engineering & Technology
5109 Cherry St.
Kansas City, MO 64110

Phone:  (816) 926-8748
         (800) 662-1545 x748