On Tue, 16 Jul 2002, Richard R. Sivernell wrote:

> On Tue, 16 Jul 2002 20:59:25 -0700
> Ken Moffat <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > Richard R. Sivernell wrote:
> >
> > >  Looking for a replacement to xfterm. No kde x.x on system.
> > >Have eterm now and do not like it much. Would like something
> > >like kde konsole, but I am kde free. Any ideas out there?
> > >
> > >cheers
> > >
> > xterm allows on the fly config using ctrl-mouse button click. Do others
> > have this option?
> >

> This is true, but lacks many features like cut copy & paste, very sparten, fast.
> Just
> lacks some things

Huh,  and all these years I didn't know I couldn't do that.  I grant you
the cut part, but copy/paste have been working fine.  My fear is that the
distribution gods will leave xterm behind in favour of some bloated
critter like multi-gnome-terminal.

I loaded Red Hat's beta, limbo, on a K6-II 400mHz system with 256mb ram.
Doing a simple listing such as "ls -l /usr/lib" was strikingly  different
in speed.  Gnome-term was painfully slow to watch compared to xterm which
seemed to zip right thru the listing.