Joel Hammer wrote

> I would appreciate and English translation and some suggestions for
> setting the speed parameter. If I understand this this means I can set
> the speed of writing to 48. When I crank up the speed, either to 40 or
> 50, cdrecord says it is writing at speed = 32.
>
> Does the type of disk (mfg or type) influence the top writing speed?
>
> I have an 800megahertz Athlon processor.
>
> Any insight appreciated,

I expect  that max burn speed is a  function of the version of cdrecord
on your system.  The max I can burn on eDesk 2.4 using the original
version of XCDroast is 8X with a Plextor 40x burner.  Using XCDRoast
alpha10 with Libranet on the same system I burn at 40x - maximum speed
of my Plextor.
I also take care to select blank CD's that are rated for 40x burning.
I've had very good luck with Fuji - haven't made a coaster yet.

--
Leon A. Goldstein