Hi Joel!

You can mount the camera using the USB file system that is now standard
fair in all Linux distro's. I do it all the time with a Fuji FinePix as
well as a Nikon CoolPix 2500 (Just like you have...). Once the camera is
mounted (Should mount as /mnt/camera for security), you can use a GUI
file manager to browse/move/delete images. As a matter of fact, you can
do anything in the camera's memory (Which is what is mounted as a file
system) that you can do in a normal file system. In a pinch, I've used
my camera to move binary files between machines. Imagine.....

Best

Peck