On 02/21/03 23:37, Javier Hernandez wrote:
I got information from the seller and he said I should upgrade the
BIOS. I do so but I get the same bad results with the 2000 Mhz:
not beep initial, blank screen, ...

Just in case it could be a problem of the CPU I decide to test it
on the other computer (Motherboard: kinetic K7) and the 2000 Mhz
Athlon works fine, so I guess the CPU is fine.

me thinks that board can't run that CPU, and the retailer is an idiot.

Finally I decide to let the computer like it was originally: with the
AMD Duron 950 Mhz and claim to the seller about the 2000 Mhz AMD XP.
I put the bus speed jumper again to 100/200, insert the AMD Duron 950
and boot the system, but when I try to get into linux (I have two
distros there: Suse 8.0 and debian woody 3.0) it tries to check
the HD with fsck and during the process it prompt me to run fsck
manually.
I do so and during the process of fixing some inodes I get an
error message (apparently from the kernel on a specific page) and
the system hang up.

what's the exact error? Did you perhaps compile the kernel with very specific CPU support that didn't include the CPU you were using?

I am performing now a "memtest" just in case but I am really lost about
what to do.

Maybe is the motherboard the one have problems ?

without knowing the error, its damn near impossible to speculate.