Bruce Marshall wrote:

On Thursday 27 March 2003 19:02 pm, el lodger wrote:

On Thu, 27 Mar 2003 18:11:37 -0500

Bruce Marshall <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Gee Collins, we agree on something!!  I too recommend Viewsonic and
I'm using a Viewsonic VE800 (18inch) LCD monitor as I type this.
Connecting it to SuSE 8.0 was no problem... it self configured
itself and you are right, it wants to run at its max resolution of
1280x1024.

The look and feel of it 'might' be a bit better than a tube monitor but not enough for me to really be worth the difference in price.

(and here I am with a gentoo CD I'm going to play with and you're
off playing with Slackware...  (my first linux distro) )  What comes
around,

Marshall, let me know how the Xconfig goes with your gentoo!
el lodger

Well maybe Collins or someone else can tell me this...

I downloaded the 194MB cd to do the install but I only have a 56KB dialup line (24/7 tho) and I'm wondering what kind of time it is going to take to get it all together? People seem to say that it takes broadband in which case it may not even be a starter. But I think I'll at least get it started so I can see what it looks like. Every night I could load up a pretty large chunk of it.

Am I crazy? (to try gentoo...)

Use wget and several all nighters?
Bob