If indeed Unix has found itself copies into Linux, AT&T seems to be more of a
concern in my book.  I'm somewhat conscious that IBM could be a benevolent
dictator gone bad if indeed it were to purchase SCO and the Unix IP, but I am
somewhat comfortable with that, since in recent years IBM has made huge
efforts to play nicely in the IT World, supporting both Linux and Java to a
large extent.
AT&T, however, I'm not so comfortable with.  AT&T has a lot of
educational/research background, which is where UNIX came from, but they also
have this history of dominating markets.  Although IBM has become much nicer a
neighbor since their whole Antitrust stuff in the 70's, I'm not sure what to
think about AT&T.  So what if AT&T DOES reserve the rights to UNIX IP?  Does
that help the LInux community?  or just provide us with yet a larger behemoth
to contend with over Linux Licensing?

$0.02

--
Matthew Carpenter
[EMAIL PROTECTED]                          http://www.e-i-s.cc/

Enterprise Information Systems
*Network Consulting, Integration & Support
*Web Development and E-Business