On Thu, 10 Jul 2003 23:06:26 -0700
Tom Lombardo <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> David,
>
> Thank you so much for your time!
>
> The firewall feature on XP was already disabled.  Here are the
> settings:
>
> DESKTOP
> IP Address 192.168.2.2
> Subnet Mask 255.255.255.0
> Default Gateway 192.168.2.1
> DHCP Server 192.168.2.1
> DNS Server 192.168.2.1
>
> Router
> IP Address 192.168.2.1
> Subnet Mask - I couldn't find this listed anywhere
>
> Thinking I understood where you are going with this, I tried
> re-setting everything on the laptop to match these numbers, but it
> still didn't work (although I don't know what I'm doing so I may have
> missed something).  I also tried leaving everything on "auto" so it
> would detect settings on its own, but that didn't work either.
>
> I really appreciate your help!

no prob.  But you didn't give me your laptop setup.  I need this too.  I
assume your router has another address for the wireless card too?  You
gave me the values for your router's ethernet card only.

[snip]

Ciao,

David A. Bandel
                Nemesis Racing Team motto
GPG key autoresponder:  mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]