One submission to Michigan's AG:

 The SCO Group
 355 South 520 West
 Suite 100
 Lindon, Utah 84042 USA
 Phone: 801-765-4999
 Fax: 801-852-9088
 http://www.sco.com/

The SCO Group has been engaging in legal threats, both electronically and in
hard-copy, to further their ability to extort money from consumers and
companies in Michigan and throughout the world.  By making unsupported and
faulty claims of Intellectual Property rights in the Linux Operating System,
The SCO Group has instilled fear, uncertainty, and doubt in the industry, and
has been offering "licenses" to use Linux for $699 per processor in computer
servers.  This "license" has no apparent or reputed value per se, except to
secure that SCO will not bring frivolous lawsuits against the purchasing
company for using Linux.  They will not come forward with any real proof of
their claims.  It is, however, very beneficial to the SCO Group to let the
cloud of their allegations cause uncertainty in the marketplace for the chief
competitor to their software products: Linux.

The attempted extortion has been valued in the field above at approximately
$700,000 using an estimation of 1,000 server installations at $699 per server
processor, which is actually a very low estimate for Michigan, and does not
include Workstations, for which SCO is attempting to charge $199 per seat.
The price for each server processor doubles if not purchased by October 15th.

The following are links to information regarding these actions.  As appalling
as it is, one good list of pertinant articles are at SCO's web site:
http://www.sco.com/company/news/

Other pertinent information, including lawsuits by other companies being
disrupted by this misbehavior, follow:

http://www.sco.com/scosource/
http://lamlaw.com/
http://lwn.net/Articles/43307/
http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/030805/linux_cloud_1.html
http://www.suse.com/us/company/press/press_releases/archive03/sco_redhat.html
http://www.microsoft-watch.com/article2/0,4248,1210100,00.asp

I have attempted to give my feedback to the SCO Group, since my company was a
partner vendor for them until this behavior started occurring.  They have
proven unresponsive.  Primarily this behavior needs to stop.  Not only are
there many who SCO would change thousands of dollars, but many in Michigan
which could not afford either the licensing nor lawsuits, such as my small
business.  Furthermore, the uncertainty created by these actions hinders mine
and every other business who makes money off of Linux-related services.
Ideally, the executives of SCO would be tried and sent to prison for
extortion, overbilling, and several other fraudulent crimes.  This, I believe,
is the only way to send the message that companies cannot hide behind the
guise Intellectual Property to enable criminal activity.

Thank you for your assistance.