In the September issue of WIRED, Darl McBride in the HOT SEAT says...

WIRED: Give me the summary brief.

McBride: "The world is moving to a Unix operating environment, and SCO owns
the IP rights to it, When you snap off a branch from the Unix tree and try to
graft it onto the Linux tree, that's out-of-bounds. It's time to step up and
claim the ownership rights that are rightly ours."

Holyshit. I know they make claim to "their unix code in linux" but what is the
REAL attitude towards Linux. Is Linux seen as a competitor to Unix (SCO) and
as such they want it also? I tell ya' Darl could have chosen better words
than what he did.

P.S. Although I share the same last name as Darl, he's no cousin of mine...