On Sun, 2003-08-17 at 19:06, Alma J Wetzker wrote:

> every executive I have ever met will spit nails about downtime and the
> cost to the company until you tell them how much it will cost to fix it.
>   Then the executive goes away, until next time.

That's the business we're in and I can tell you that it depends on
you're approach. Nobody spends money on technology "just because"
anymore. You have to frame it in a credible rationalized business case,
comparing the cost of making the system improvements, vs the risk, vs
the cost of NOT doing it. This is where we as technologists get lazy and
usually fail.
Suits are nothing if not predictable. Show them where they can reduce
risk and save money and they WILL listen. Tell them about "neat"
technology that is "better" and their eyes glaze over.
--
burns