Blaster Worm Linked to Severity of Blackout
http://www.computerworld.com/databasetopics/data/story/0,10801,84519,00.html

"On the day of the blackout, Blaster degraded the performance of several
communications lines linking key data centers used by utility companies to manage the
power grid"
 Which in geek-speak is:  "Our network was so f#$%ed over by Blaster that the
machines, like, couldn't do the protocol"