On 18 Sep 2003 at 10:56, Collins Richey boldly uttered:

> Homeland Security is scarcely the same as the Nazi SS.  Where and when, pray
> tell, have they descended upon any innocent group of citizens, knocking heads
> and breaking up property?

The US government has already been detaining people simply because
they are of "middle eastern descent".  There was quite an uproar in
Southern California about this, and not by the people who are in
danger (because they're afraid of the consequences) but from other
citizens who are appalled by the police-state tactics.

There have actually been a number of politicians who have suggested
we need to re-institute internment camps, just like we had in WWII.

According to most historians, that was a pretty dark day in the US's
history, and here we have "community leaders" merrilly suggesting we
do it again.

    Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and
    I'm not sure about the former.

                                     -- Albert Einstein

    Naturally the common people don't want war: neither in Russia, nor
    in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But
    after all, it is the leaders of a country who determine the policy,
    and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether
    it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a
    communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be
    brought to the bidding of the leaders.  That is easy. All you have
    to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the
    pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.
    It works the same in any country.

            --Hermann Goering (1893 - 1946), at the Nuremburg Trials

--
Philip J. Koenig
[EMAIL PROTECTED]