I was already reading this howto when I got home and rebooted the system (having
created the mirror between hda and hdc and going to bed last night).
I wasn't paying attention until Tux appeared in the upper left corner of the screen
and the kernel messages started flying by.  Granted, it's not the bootscreen I'm used
to seeing but it'll do...
But it takes for freakin EVER to get there.  I'd gander about 30 seconds after the
Grub "Loading" message is pasted to the screen...  But it takes this system so long to
identify the drives it shouldn't surprise me.  So much for competing for boot-times :(
And I was hoping for a <1minute boot.  heheh.  It doesn't start loading the kernel in
that amount of time :)

Anyway, it looks like the BigBlock v1.0 machine will remain HWRaid...  But this
discussion has been deeply informational.  I will be experimenting with SW RAID in the
near future and perhaps BigBlock v1.1 or v1.2 will be using SWRAID instead of the HPT
1540 that v1.0 is using. This is the FCS (aka Pilot) system for a new line in Network
Service Appliances my company is marketting.  She's not done yet, but the deadline is
a crunching :!

On Tue, 07 Oct 2003 12:55:46 -0700
Aaron Grewell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> <shameless plug>
> Well, there's one on the SxS site:
> http://linux-sxs.org/storage/raid_setup.html
> </shameless plug>
>

> Matthew Carpenter wrote:
> > btw.  Could you provide /etc/lilo.conf examples of soft-raid booting?
> >
> > Thanks!

Matthew Carpenter
[EMAIL PROTECTED]                          http://www.eisgr.com/

Enterprise Information Systems
* Network Server Appliances
* Network Consulting, Integration & Support
* Web Integration and E-Business