On Mon, 10 Nov 2003 20:28:19 -0600 Alan Jackson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Windows is braindead. But you knew that.
>
> Today at work I had some postscript files in an e-mail I wanted to print.
> The e-mail was on Windows. Futzed around, couldn't find anything that would
> interpret PostScript. So I called our helpdesk. After a good bit of
> searching his answer was "Adobe Distiller". I thanked him, googled,
> saw that ghostview/ghostscript was the recommended path, downloaded and
> installed and in 3 minutes was printing. Gad I detest Microsoft.

Yeah, but some love it, especially those who don't have the time to devote to
learning how to deal with linux, which does require a few brain cells.

I have a friend who is putting together a fairly complex software package for
hydrology and river bed research.  He does all his work on Windows and even uses
Gimp (yes, Virginia, there is GTK+ and Gimp for Windows!) for all his graphics
work. The audience he is marketing his software to would have relatively little
use for linux.

You can pick your friends, and you can pick your nose, but you can't pick your
friend's nose.

--
Collins Richey - Denver Area
if you fill your heart with regrets of yesterday and the