On Fri, 14 Nov 2003 07:34:36 -0600 Michael Hipp <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> M.W. Chang wrote:
> > It seems that mozilla's built-in bayesian filter works better than
> > SpamAssassin. Until now, SA failed to identify many Chinese spam while
> > mozilla can correctly move them into the Junk folder on reception.
>
> I've been using Moz Firebird as my only email for quite some time now.
> And have been somewhat disappointed in the filters. It catches alot of
> the junk right away, but it doesn't seem to be learning. I get the same
> spam from the same scammers every day and no matter how many times I
> flag it as junk it continues to show up. But it is a 0.7 Beta so I don't
> want to be critical of it, just hope they flesh it out in the near future.

Agrred.  Since Mozilla have indicated that Firebird is the
once-and-future-browser, it would seem that improvements are to be expected.
I've been using Firebird since it's early days, and it's quite good.
Nevertheless, 0.7 has more of a propensity to "just go poof" (TM)  than earlier
versions; segfault I presume.  Perhaps I should resume the practice of getting
the CVS versions.

--
Collins Richey - Denver Area
if you fill your heart with regrets of yesterday and the