On Saturday 15 November 2003 9:28 am, someone claiming to be Tony Alfrey
wrote:
> Hi;
>
> Not being an expert with filters, I ask the assembled experts.
> This is a kmail (which I use as a mail client) specific question.
> I wish to set up a POP filter so that MS executables and scripts in
> attachments are not downloaded from my mail server (earthlink) .  So I
> just set up a POP filter in the handy dandy POP filter rules window box
> with a "Filter Criteria" of
>
> <message> contains .exe
> <message> contains .scr
>
> because <message> is what the kmail help page suggested for filtering
> the entire contents.  But no joy.  I'm not worried about them running,
> I just don't like them clogging up my mail.  Any helpful hints??  Am I
> interpreting the concept of "mail server" correctly (that is, the "mail
> server" is my earthlink isp that "stores" my email).
> Thanks!

Don't think POP filters can filter on <message>, seems to be only available
for regular filters. Looks to me like POP filters can only filter on the
message header.

HTH,
Tim

--
Fedora Core 1, Kernel 2.4.22-1.2115.nptl,  KDE 3.1.4, Xfree86 4.3.0
 09:35:00  up 5 days, 16:01,  2 users,  load average: 0.01, 0.44, 0.82