On Thu, Jul 19, 2001 at 11:08:36PM -0400, dep wrote:
>On Thursday 19 July 2001 09:58 pm, Bill Day wrote:
>| I received some rather wierd hits on my webserver today as welll,
>| a lot of hits from different ips all containing  a line of capital
>| NNNNNNNNNNN....
>
>more here:
>http://news.cnet.com/news/0-1003-200-6616583.html
>
>this is a big one.

I think that this same worm also knocks out Cisco routers that have their
web interface enabled.

It may be a coincidence, but our upstream provider's routers got hosed
today, and the QWest people said that they were having problems with all
their DSL connections where they're using little Cisco boxes (I heard this
from a customer who's DSL was hit repeatedly today).

Bill

``Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects.''
    Will Rogers