Re: Administrivia - Everyone please read!
Linuxism Chang wrote:
> Anyone remembered the scene when Axel took the two
> everly cops into the strip dance club and ultimately
> caught 2 armed thieves?  I was definitely not offended
> by that 1960 nude photo.

Years ago (never mind how many) I took part in a short day-run on a new
West German Fast Patrol Boat doing high speed trials in the Kattegat (Baltic).
For several hours this interesting piece of marine engineering, the pride of the
German Navy, was roaring up and down the Helgoland coast. The Norwegian and
Danish personnel onboard were suitably impressed. Meanwhile, a number of the
US and Canadian sailors were fighting over the optical gunnery sights and
binoculars in order to leer at the nudists on the beach. I remember being
embarrassed at our typical North American attitude toward the human form and
natural nudity - particularly as our Germans hosts were angry that their
hospitality was being ignored and that they were denied a chance to demonstrate
something they had obvious pride in. The Danish and Norwegians just shook their
heads in disbelief.

It's truly odd that some folks can be offended (to the point of unsubscribing)
by something as natural as the human body, even in the least provactive of
poses... while yet others (such as those in the incident outlined above) insist
on turning it into something lurid and unclean. People are the funniest of
animals.

BTW, I am NOT a naturalist. I am uncomfortable even taking my shirt off in
public, so I guess I share some of these same inhibitions.

--

burns

--

burns