I've proposed something like this to a couple of KDE mailing lists.  While it
got warm kudos for the idea, getting it implemented was a problem.  I
proposed that it become a section in the KHelpcenter.  Titled: How do I?
This would have the 27 questions and others with instructions in plain
english(or other languages) and pretty screen shots as to how a very new user
can accomplish a given task.  I think this would be a great addition to KDE.
Unfortunately my knowledge of how to implement this is lacking in the
necessary skills.  Here are some other questions that I've thought of and
have had posed to me by new users.

How do I change my background?
How do I change my screensaver?
How do I add/remove/move icons on the bottom panel(Kicker)?
How do I find a file?
How do I import/install a new theme?

Hope this helps.  I hope it can at least be a new addition to the SxS.  Some
of this stuff will be KDE/Gnome/Other specific.  Therefore I think that there
should be primary sections in there for each Desktop/WM.  IMHO, the
organization should be as such:

SxS Index
        How Do I? (and other FAQs)
                KDE 1.x
                        How do I? #1
                        How do I? #2
                        etc.
                KDE 2.x
                        same as above
                Gnome(different ones if needed for each wm used)
                XFCE
                Enlightenment

These will be primarily used for KDE 2.x and Gnome since they are the primary
desktops used by new users.  As you can see these questions will not contain
anything that is currently in the SxS.  These questions will be targeted for
a very new user of any Linux distro.

Granted instead of a SxS, I would like to see it integrated into the
KHelpcenter where it would do the most good.  If anyone wants to take my idea
and start coding the project, feel free.  I'm sure that the same could be
done for Gnome and others.

Jim

<snip>

--

  9:42am  up 5 days, 16:42,  2 users,  load average: 0.14, 0.28, 0.33