On September 10, 2001 04:17 am, Mike Andrew wrote:

> > Has anyone got any recommendations on an IDE?  For the most part I prefer
> > to use IDEs when coding... but should I fail to find anything using an
> > editor window and a konsole or two should do the trick.
>
> well I'll sound like a cracked record here, but code crusader, on the SxS
> site, is a preliminary way to go. It understands java coding but doesn't
> mess with you too much. As a general purpose coding ide (fortran/ c c++ and
> beans) it truthfully can't be beaten. It is (or was) a freebie version of
> metroworks code-warrior.

Ok. I'll have to give it a shot... if I can download the entire thing....
seems to like freezing up after the first meg or so of downloading.  (Hmn...
I wonder if something's up with Shaw as I also had problems with accessing
the NetRexx site the other day)

I noticed that the program lists ctags 5 as a requirement.  Ew3.1 has
exuberent ctags 3.5.1 with it.  As it seems unlikely that Caldera would be
TWO major versions behind, would they mean 3.5 when they state 5?

David Aikema