On Saturday 22 September 2001 14:57, Douglas J. Hunley wrote:
> On Friday 21 September 2001 21:34, Bruce Marshall babbled:
> > Nope...  that's not the problem.   It is the way that SuSE has the list
> > set up.  I'm using Kmail with several lists and SuSE is the only one with
> > the problem.   Here's a statement from one of the S.O.B's over there that
> > likes it that way:
>
> agreed. except that I'm on a couple of other lists the same damn way.
> Mailman actualy defaults to "Reply to Sender' instead of 'Reply to list'
> and they *highly recommend* (their emphasis) that it stay that way.

This whole area is raises remarkable flames. For reasons that bored me
senseless, it is 'politcally correcter' to reply to the person posting to a
list rather than replying to the list. I could throw up a quoted RFC for you,
but won't. I gave up trying to figure out how this twisted logic is so
obvious to everyone but me, after a few miserable attempts at pleading for
common sense on those lists that do this, I did the obvious and unsubscribed.

Apparently the correct answer is you are supposed to hit the reply all button
to lists that are 'politically correct'. However, since I consider private
mail (of that sort) an intrusion on my privacy, I wasn't about to inflict
what the header tells it to.