I used tcpd to wrap my inet supplied services.
In my host.allow files I spawn scripts to check on certain conditions before
access is granted.
I tried to have a script mount a samba share, but it failed. Only root can
mount samba shares on my machine (I haven't figured that out yet.)
So, the question is, is it safe to make tcpd suid with chmod  4777 tcpd?
I imagine doing this will make the scripts spawned by tcdp run with root
privilege. However, I don't know what security holes that might open up.
Thanks,
Joel