Hi folks,
I'm trying to configure my network to allow remote logins from my son's
Mandrake 8.0 PC to my COL 3.1 PC. I had this working when I was running
eD2.4, and I don't remember it being all that difficult, but can't seem
to accomplish the task using COL 3.1.

I'm uncommented the line in 3.1's /etc/X11/kdm/Xaccess file so that "any
host can get a login window", and, for good measure, did it in the
/etc/X11/xdm/Xaccess file as well (I believe the new kdm in KDE2.2.1
uses pieces of xdm in some way). IIRC, that's the only file I need to do
things to, correct? Or do I need to make an entry in my hosts.allow
file? Do I need to add something to the kdmrc file? I don't remember
having to do anything in that file last time.

Anyway, making the one change has not given me a login on the remote PC,
so there's something I'm missing.

Any help appreciated.

Regards,
Tim