Folks,

This topic has raised a lot of questions, and even touched on an area where
I may be able to contribute (for a change).

The question was raised about whether to copy the CD image to hard drive
before burning to CDRW.  That will work more reliably in some cases, and
won't hurt.

The usual cause of problems during a burn is when the write buffer gets
empty.  For some reason CDRW software (on board) can't seem to accommodate
this (YMMV according to manufacturer).  So, if you are copying from a *fast*
CDROM to a slow CDRW, this may never be a problem.  If, however, they run at
the same speed, or are on the same bus where a data transfer conflict can
slow things down, you might be safer to copy to HD and burn from there.
This is a *great* reason to insure that you don't have both CDs on the same
IDE bus, BTW.  I have seen this problem occur on a 16x read and a 4x write,
but the processor and bus were the limiting factors.

Hope this helps.

   In Harmony's Way, and In A Chord,

   Tom  :-})

| Thomas A. Condon        email: [EMAIL PROTECTED] |
| Computer Engineer       phone: (360) 315-7609            |
| Barbershop Bass Singer    Sailor and Singer of Chanties  |
| Left Handed and In My Right Mind                         |