On Tue, 29 Jan 2002 09:02:44 -0500
Bruce Marshall <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Tuesday 29 January 2002 7:45 am, Joel Hammer wrote:
> > This is really interesting. MS is taking linux seriously. This means that
> > we will see increasing incompatibility between MS and linux software,
> > like samba. Just minor stuff, but enuf to make using a samba server not
> > worth the trouble. And, expect to see more problems in translating MS
> > documents into non-MS software, too.
> >
> > Why not. There are billions of dollars at stake.
> >

> I fully expect that some day in the not too distant future, there will be a
> 'Microsoft Internet' and an Internet for the rest of us.  They're going to
> make it happen.

 List

   In my life I have tried many things, & have had many successes and a few
failures. Well I am going to express a failure here, please I beg you not to be
too harsh on me, I feel bad enough<g>. I had a conversation with my grown son last
night, was not real intelligent, oh well that is another issue. He was spouting
the virtures of Windows, Office XP & etc. I tried to explain the cost difference,
availiablity and the ease of keeping your system in top computing shape. His
answer, " I do not have time for that crap". Where did I go wrong here? I feel so
ashamed, & violated<g>. Someday maybe he will realize his errors and return to the
fold. Actually a friend of his put XP on a machine & has had nothing but problems
ever since. I would think he would have gotten the message. What is a dad to do?

cheers
--
Rick Sivernell
Dallas, Texas  75287