On Tue, 29 Jan 2002 06:39:32 -0800 (PST)
Net Llama <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> XFCE can also be downloaded from the XFCE website, http://www.xfce.org
> Seeing how a new stable version of XFCE was released about a week ago, i
> kinda doubt what's on the CD is remotely up to date.
>
> --- Tim Wunder <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Rick Sivernell wrote:
> > > How do you build a *.tar to rpm
> > > the xfce rpm wants a xscreensaver as dep. I have dled it & still the
> > rpm
> > > complains. So I will try to make rpm od xscreensaver.
> > >
> > > [root@RSivernell xfce]# rpm -Uvh
> > > /usr/src/OpenLinux/RPMS/i386/xfce-3.8.14c-1.i386.rpm error: failed
> > dependencies:
> > >         xscreensaver is needed by xfce-3.8.14c-1
> > > [root@RSivernell xfce]#
> > >
> > > used the following
> > > [root@RSivernell xfce]# rpm --tarbuild xscreensaver-4.00.tar
> > > rpm: --tarbuild (-t) requires one of a,b,i,c,p,l as its sole
> > argument
> > >
> > > rpm will install with --nodeps
> > >
> > > does xscreen server need xml gle glut to be used
> > >
> > > cheers
> >
> > Hi Rick,
> > XFCE is part of the supplimental CD that shipped with OL3.1 and can be
> >
> > downloaded from ftp://ftp.iso.caldera.com/pub/skunkware/. It's what I
> > used to install Gnome 1.4, XFCE and a bunch of other stuff. Of course,
> > don't know if you're willing to do a 650MB download to get an XFCE
> > that
> > will most assuredly work with Caldera (at least 3.1...).
> > Regards,
> > Tim
>
> =====

Thanks guys. I have dl the latest already. I can force the rpm -nodeps as it has a
depens on xscreensaver. I did build the src rpm as Lonnie suggested. My problem is
after building xscreensaver ./conf make make install. the rpm does not see
xscreen. trying to rpm build from rpm --tarbuild but nothing seems to be
understood by rpm.

--
Rick Sivernell
Dallas, Texas  75287