On Thursday 07 February 2002 02:22 pm, Federico Voges warbled:

> >Can you use a 'directory name' for remote and use -r ?
>
> Yes, you can. IIRC, if you include the last "/" (eg:
> /home/fvoges/docs/) it will create the directory:
>
> scp -r user@host:~/docs .
> will copy everything in the docs dir (recursively) to the current dir.
>
> scp -r user@host:~/docs/ .
> will create a new docs directory in the current (local) dir. The, it
> will copy everything in the docs dir (recursively) to it.
>

> You'll have to try...

I tried and thats why I asked. The syntax is 'all' and that is not explained
in easy two syllable words, suitable for an old fellas brain. Unfortunately
most developers and howto writers have a set of assumptions, that something
is known and plain to see.

--
Keith Antoine aka 'skippy'
18 Arkana St, The Gap, Queensland 4061 Australia PH:61733002161