On Wed, 13 Feb 2002, Ian wrote:

> I think it was either Kurt or you who said to add
>
> set hostname = marchak.homeip.net
>
> to my .muttrc file...which I did.  But when mail arrives at the other
> end, mutt has changed it to marchak.homeip.net, but there's something in
> the header, I think it's the fact that in the header of the email
> contains

> is what is causing the other servers to reject because a direct cut and
> paste of the From info (from the same header) is
>
> From: Ian <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

You need to setup masquerading for the envelope and the header, and you
can also use genericstable to rewrite the From:.  If you take a look at
Linux Journal's site there's a wrieup I did on a sendmail setup like this
that I've used successfully at a manufacturing plant where several folks
were masqued behind one internet account.  I do the same thing here and
run 4 seperate accounts for my various identitities.

If you need more details, holler.

Stew Benedict