On 12/12/11 14:01, C. Falconer wrote:
> Roger Searle wrote, On 12/12/2011 12:20 PM:
>> I've put a pfsense install on an alix box - some [0]nice gear from the
>> nice people at nicegear.co.nz
> Excellent choice - I'm doing the same with a 2D2, but everything is on
> vlans on one port.   Its supposed to do this in 5 watts. I have an intel
> mini PCI NIC in there too, next thing to do is set all that up and
> replace the old dlink AP.
>> Do others have an internal OpenVPN server working OK through pfsense?
> Not personally, but all you need to do is disable the openVPN server on
> the pfsense box, and NAT port 1194 UDP through to the internal host.
> Shouldn't be a major change.   I have SMTP, ssh, etc natted through to
> various internal hosts.
Thanks for the replies and please forgive the apparent stupidness of
this question - but where/how is the openvpn server disabled?  Is it
sufficient that on VPN>OpenVPN page that the server and client tabs both
have no entries?  Otherwise where else is this done?  I have looked and
googled and looked and feel increasingly dumb.

I'm kind of back where I was to start with, configuring NAT port
forwarding and Rules for UDP/1194, the internal box is on 1194, the DSL
router forwarding 1194.  After a save/apply of the rule, always it
returns to:

Interface: WAN
Protocol: UDP
Source port range: (from and to) OpenVPN (where I had manually entered 1194)
Destination: "WAN address" (as suggested by the docs)
Destination port range: (from and to) OpenVPN (where I had manually
entered 1194)
Redirect target IP: 10.2.1.201 (the internal server's address)
Redirect target port: OpenVPN (where I had manually entered 1194)

And clients continue to get the TLS handshake error and restart every 2
minutes.  Anything looking out of place here?

Cheers,
Roger