Hi everyone, I am seeing experience or recommendations on a reliable modem/router for our in-house VoIP system (FreePBX / Asterisk to make it list relevant) to replace one that is now showing some unreliability. Service provider is 2talk on an ADSL line dedicated to VoIP.

We initially had a recommended DrayTek Vigor120 which wouldn't ever establish a trunk (SIP peering) with 2talk despite the best efforts of a (well-known on this list) expert. Whereas a cheap Belkin thing we had spare would work - this is the device that is now needing replacement. The 2talk support pages are often not very helpful or out of date, however the BYOD requirements listed include SIP V2 or above compliant, one of iLBC, GSM, G.711 codec (our server uses gsm), T.38 pass through (for faxing), and support for H.264 or H.263 (future proofing for video calling). I'll admit to total confusion about PPPoE/PPPoA/passthrough requirements.

Any specific models anyone has found to be good, including better/other DrayTek devices, in particular with a 2talk service, would be welcomed - with first lot of thanks in advance :)

Cheers,
Roger