----- "Harshitha H.S" <harshu...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi,

I am writing an application to capture H.264 video stream from my Logitech USB
camera. My camera is h.264 capable. I am using V4L2 APIs for opening the
/dev/video and capturing it as V4L2_BUF_TYPE_VIDEO_CAPTURE. I am able to
capture the raw video format. But what i am not able to find is to capture the
video stream on in specific format(i.e H.264), specific resolution and specific
framerate. Please guide on what API's to be used for this purpose and how. I am
not interested in any Dynamic format change support. Just that before capturing
i want to capture in H.264 through my app.

I am writing an app on fedora 14. My kernal version is 2.6.35

Please guide on how to proceed?

-Harshitha
Which Logitech camera are you using? can you provide lsusb for it?
regarding h.264 support, you might like to follow discussion we had on list, I
just picked one message from list, better browse through archive.
http://lists.berlios.de/pipermail/linux-uvc-devel/2011-September/006891.html

Regards,
Ajay Bhargav