On Fri, 2011-10-21 at 08:50 -0700, Andrew Burgess wrote:
> On 10/21/2011 08:35:19 AM, cheshirekow wrote:
>
> > > it seems a little odd to me to use the same sensor for cameras
> > pointing
> > > in different directions, wouldn't it take some mirrors or something?
> > > vga resolution cameras are probably dirt cheap. just guessing
> > though...
> > I wouldn't suspect that they use the same sensor. You're right that
> > would probably be weird. I just figured that there was a single
> > hardware
> > controller for both physical cameras.
>
> ah. didn't get that.
>
> perhaps try 'vlc -vv v4l2:///dev/video0'
> it displays a bunch of available controls; does one look like a switch?
> (v4l-info will also display this)
>
> anything in the vlc gui that looks like a switch?
The only controls that are switches are:
White Balance Temperature, Auto
Exposure, Auto Priority

It appears these are the same controls that are shown with
uvcdynctrl -c -d /dev/video0

In particular:
Brightness
Contrast
Saturation
Hue
White Balance Temperature, Auto
Gamma
Gain
Power Line Ferquency
White Balance Temperature
Sharpness
Backlight Compensation
Exposure (Absolute)
Exposure Auto Priority

When I do uvcdynctrl -f -d /dev/video0

I get the following list of resolutions:
640x480
1024x768
1280x1024

320x240
160x120
1280x720
1600x1200
2048x1536

Since there are two aspect ratios, perhaps these are the two different
cameras? I cant figure out how to change the resolution though.