On Fri, Mar 25, 2016 at 10:49:34AM +0300, Evgeny Novikov wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I see briefly all proposals and suggest the following.
>
> Ignore definitely trash proposals for which we even can't expect anything
> good:
> ABHISHEK KUMAR SINGH - AUTOMATIC GUN FIRING USING ULTRASONIC RADAR -
> https://summerofcode.withgoogle.com/dashboard/organization/6564234674569216/proposal/6488763748319232/
> Rihab - GirlySpace -
> https://summerofcode.withgoogle.com/dashboard/organization/6564234674569216/proposal/6439770653720576/
> Abraham Masri - Kedos Operating System - Proposal Draft -
> https://summerofcode.withgoogle.com/dashboard/organization/6564234674569216/proposal/5824313382928384/
>  (Greg marked this proposal as not valid)
> Wenhui Zhang - LLVM -
> https://summerofcode.withgoogle.com/dashboard/organization/6564234674569216/proposal/5513414914867200/
>  (Jan-Simon marked it as spam)
> devesh8091 - Penguin -
> https://summerofcode.withgoogle.com/dashboard/organization/6564234674569216/proposal/4940939340546048/
> Ricky Muhammad - The Linux Foundation -
> https://summerofcode.withgoogle.com/dashboard/organization/6564234674569216/proposal/5458068905132032/
>  (Greg pointed what to do but the student ignored this)
>
> This student suggested two proposals that aren't good and likely the student
> isn't going to improve them. So I suggest to ignore them if Greg doesn't mind:
> Sandhya - IIO driver -
> https://summerofcode.withgoogle.com/dashboard/organization/6564234674569216/proposal/5372313474170880/
> Sandhya - memory management latency tracing -
> https://summerofcode.withgoogle.com/dashboard/organization/6564234674569216/proposal/5404748865863680/
>
> This student creates 3 different applications for 3 different projects
> without providing any particular details. I see his applications a bit and
> this doesn't look like he really wants and can to implement something
> valuable. So I suggest to just ignore his proposals:
> Ravike14 - GSOC 2016- The Linux Foundation (Driver Backport) -
> https://summerofcode.withgoogle.com/dashboard/organization/6564234674569216/proposal/5414085923438592/
> Ravike14 - GSOC 2016- The Linux Foundation (Driver Backport) -
> https://summerofcode.withgoogle.com/dashboard/organization/6564234674569216/proposal/6630431633965056/
> Ravike14 - GSOC 2016- The Linux Foundation (General kernel work) -
> https://summerofcode.withgoogle.com/dashboard/organization/6564234674569216/proposal/6384381044195328/
>
> Select one of the proposals for the same project if it isn't really required
> to have two or more students working concurrently/collaboratively:
> Erick 2206 - Diagnose My Ceph Cluster -
> https://summerofcode.withgoogle.com/dashboard/organization/6564234674569216/proposal/5040149662531584/
>  and penguinRaider - Diagnose my ceph cluster -
> https://summerofcode.withgoogle.com/dashboard/organization/6564234674569216/proposal/6137977797345280/
>  (at the moment both are accepted)
> [...]

One new proposal just got submitted:

https://summerofcode.withgoogle.com/dashboard/organization/6564234674569216/proposal/6320691074826240/

and I'm willing to mentor it, as long as the "final" application matches
up with the draft one.  I didn't see anywhere to "star" an application,
why do some have that mark and others do not?

thanks,

greg k-h