Hi Johannes,

>> Are you okay with the general approach?

I see no issues with sending these events out. I'd like them to
actually be reliable (if present) though, not double as you'd implied -
but I didn't really understand in which cases you were expecting
issues, was it only P2P-Device?

That seems to be the only special case. At least I didn't find any other situations where a NEW_INTERFACE command can be called without a corresponding net_device being created.

  Are there any locking issues I
might be overlooking?

Not that I'm aware of. All of the netdev/wdev handling should be
protected by RTNL.

That was my understanding as well.  Thanks.

Okay, let me spin up a v2 with patches 2+3 and 4+5 squished together. Or do you want one big patch?

Regards,
-Denis