Hi,

On Mon, Sep 19, 2016 at 5:00 PM, Volker Mische <volker.mis...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm having connectivity issues with an Intel 8260 on a 2.5GHz network
> when using 40Mhz. I'm getting errors like
>
>     Queue 2 stuck for 10000 ms.
>
> I've upgrade my system to the firmware version 21 (21.373438.0) and
> Kernel 4.8.0-rc6 in hope that it fixes the issue and to be able to debug
> the problem.
>
> I then found the page about platform noise [1]. I don't have any issue
> for several hours now (normally I was hitting the issue every few
> minutes) as I've set the cfg80211_disable_40mhz_24ghz parameter.
>
> Now I wonder, is it worth debugging the issue with being on 40MHz or is
> disabling the proper solution and I should bother.

Well... depends whom you ask and how much time you have :)
We tried a few times to debug those, but they take a very long time to debug
since typically we need lots of reproductions and the firmware team
doesn't always
the time to look at the data immediately so in the end, the people who
reported this
originally went away.
Note that 40MHz on 2.4GHz is not an optimal configuration in crowded
environment,
but if you live in a place where you are pretty much the only one using those
frequencies, then, it can be beneficial.
What you can try is to disable low power states (by using power_scheme
in iwlmvm)
and see if it helps. This setting has a bigger impact than
cfg80211_disable_40mhz_24ghz
but it can give a hint as where the problem is coming from.