On Mon, 2016-10-17 at 10:30 +0100, Ard Biesheuvel wrote:

> Yes. But as I replied, setting the req size is not supported atm,
> although it is reasonable to demand a way to allocate additional data
> in the request specifically for this issue. So let's proceed with the
> aead_request_alloc/free patch, but I would like to propose something
> on the API side to address this particular issue

Well, if your other patch to make it OK to be on-stack would be applied
instead, this wouldn't make much sense either :)

In this particular patch, we could reduce the size of the struct, but I
don't actually think it'll make a difference to go from 48 to 36 bytes,
given alignment etc., so I think I'll just leave it as is.