On 03/29/2017 09:51 AM, Johannes Berg wrote:

The patch appeared to solve my problem, and it seems an improvement
over what is there currently.  Whoever wants it to support even more
things can add that in the future?

Yes, that's kinda true. However, it also means that wmediumd (or
similar) would have to support the two APIs. It'd be simpler for them
to just have to support a single one, no?

I really don't understand what change you are suggesting.  Anything that
uses a new API needs to change, and as API is further improved, then the
app will need to change again.  Netlink's saving grace is that it is easy to
add new data members and so support new API in a forward/backward compatible
manner.

Thanks,
Ben

--