On 2019-08-15 11:57, James Prestwood wrote:
 - Adds a new NL80211_ATTR for including a "random mac" to
   CMD_CONNECT. This MAC is passed down the stack and gets set to
   the net_device's address.

My initial reaction is that I'd avoid using the term "random". For some
use cases the address may truly be random, but for other use cases it
may be derived, perhaps in an AP-specific manner. Other terms which may
be more appropriate are "spoofed mac", "administered mac", etc.

It is a shame that due to backward compatibility we can't use
NL80211_ATTR_MAC while shifting the current usage over to using
NL80211_ATTR_BSSID.