> Works great. Is there a possibility that a toggle for this could be
> accepted upstream? After all, WDS isn't really standardized.

I general, I'd say yes. However!

There's ongoing to work to make EAPOL frames go over nl80211 instead,
see e.g. ieee80211_tx_control_port() in mac80211, and this patch for
hostapd:

https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/1108185/

I'd prefer to have it in this path, by having a flag like the "bool
unencrypted" passed to ieee80211_tx_control_port(), (and replace "bool
unencrypted" by "unsigned int flags"). That way, we don't have to
actually keep any state.

In mac80211, we can pass this down to __ieee80211_subif_start_xmit() and
ieee80211_build_hdr() in the ctrl_flags or something like that. It
doesn't actually need to be a control or info flag, so we could add yet
another argument to save the space, but dunno if that's worth it now.

johannes