Hi Johannes,

Indeed.  But that is not what you were suggesting earlier with just
checking local->scanning.  So if scan_req contains a wdev, then yes it
should be possible to compare the scan_req->wdev to the interface being
changed.

Well, yes, but only because I was incrementally going from James's
patch, which was checking that only.

Well, something to improve. Sometimes it is pretty hard to figure out what you mean.

Similar with the other local-> things being checked here, btw, though in
some cases it might be harder to actually determine which wdev is doing
something and which isn't.

Right

No, this typically cannot be fixed, and it doesn't really make sense.
The NIC cannot possibly do two scans at a time since it has only a
single radio resource :-)

So why is the scan request not per phy then?  And should mac address
even affect the ongoing scan?  Can we simply change it with the scan
ongoing?

There are things that affect the scan from the interface, e.g.
capability overrides, (extended) capabilities, the MAC address is used
unless randomization is requested, etc.

But they shouldn't change due a mac address change? I wonder if we can further relax the requirements to allow mac change if NL80211_SCAN_FLAG_RANDOM_ADDR was used?

Regards,
-Denis