I forgot but was someone having trouble with an RTL8822 not working at the last meeting?
The repo is: https://github.com/lwfinger/rtw88

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject:        Re: RTL8822BE not working after suspend
Date:   Wed, 7 Jun 2023 10:55:42 -0500
From:   Larry Finger <larry.fin...@lwfinger.net>
To:     Utkarsh Verma <utkarsh.nav...@gmail.com>
CC:     linux-wirel...@vger.kernel.org, James <bjloc...@lockie.ca>

On 6/6/23 20:04, Utkarsh Verma wrote:
I have a small request from my side as a user. Please mention on the
GitHub repo that these drivers are not in the kernel yet and will be
merged around Linux 6.5. This is because I stumbled upon this repo a
couple of times before as well, but I did not trust it enough and even
thought that they might be older than the kernel's drivers.

Additionally, is there any way we can have this working without the
systems module loading/unloading shenanigans? I would love to see this
work by default, as it does on Windows. I can help you with the driver
testing if you wish.

I could make it more clear in the README.md that the rtw88 repo has code that will be in a future kernel, but that information is available in the git logs. I cannot help your trust issues!

The problems with your BIOS that require unloading and reloading the driver when suspending or hibernating are found only in some HP or Lenovo laptops. It is beyond my capability to fix the actual bug, thus we give you a workaround. What does the Windows driver actually do to overcome this problem? As none of us have seen that code, we have no idea!!

What harm is there in running the unload/restore script? On my laptop, it is totally transparent except for a few extra lines in the log.

Larry