From: Timothy Forbes <t...@greenbullfrog.com>
Sent: 14 June 2023 15:33
To: Katherine Mcmillan <kmcmi...@uottawa.ca>
Cc: Linux-Ottawa <linux@linux-ottawa.org>
Subject: Re: [linux] Open Source Software for Research and Fleet Management

Attention : courriel externe | external email

Without making any commitment to an OCLUG presentation...

Gliding clubs in Canada and around the globe have a project called Open
Glider Network (OGN).

http://wiki.glidernet.org/about

Aircraft are using a proprietary collision avoidance device called a
Flarm -or- an inexpensive, programmable GPS/radio such as a TTGO T-Beam.

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=TTGO+t-beam&t=newext&atb=v328-1&ia=web

Those devices transmit their positions.

Dotted around the landscape are land-based OGN receivers that feed
captured positions into the OGN database on the Internet. Live tracking
can be seen at

https://live.glidernet.org/#c=45.60741,-75.12966&z=10&m=NaN&o=1&s=1&l=r&p=3&u=i&n=0

There is no live traffic ATM, but it sometimes looks like this

https://box.greenbullfrog.com/cloud/index.php/s/iSKxreaWF54ZiQj

---
Timothy Forbes

To get help send a blank message to linux+h...@linux-ottawa.org