--- Begin Message ---
On Fri, 2002-11-08 at 04:49, Tyson D Sawyer wrote:
> I'm not sure that uC-Linux can't get that small.  You loose some
> features bu it might be worth checking.
>
> http://www.uclinux.org/
>
> I don't know the details or how current this info is but from the "What
> is page":
>
> * Common Linux API
> * uCkernel < 512 kb
> * uCkernel + tools < 900 kb
>
> I don't know what is included in that 512K or if it is a compress image
> or not.  However, I've heard its smaller.  ...slim chance but worth
> looking into.

I have played uclinux on ARM for a while. From what I know, uclinux
will not make your kernel smaller automatically. The point of uclinux
is to support processors without MMU. It is done by rewriting the MM
layer of Linux kernel (in such a way that virtual == physical address).
Other parts of the kernel are recycled from and exactly the same as
the standard kernel. My ARM uclinux kernel which has almost nothing in
it is about 440K Bytes (uncompressed).

Ollie

--- End Message ---