ron minnich wrote: > > at this point, here at LANL, our focus is 64-bit boards and embedded > stuff like EPIA, so this one falls through the cracks here. We can > assist you with porting but can not do the work ourselves. > > So if you want an assisted port letus know. > -- Even though it is noce to have someone else do the work for you, I am very willing to have an assisted port. I have just been gathering information and did not want to reinvent the wheel if it had already been done. I have not 'jumed right in' yet, nor have I compiled anything. I will go through the docs that are available again and start compiling and testing and see what happens. Before I do so, are there any major gotchas I need to look out for? Any kind of quick hints that you can give me will be greatly appreciated, things like is the 2.4 kernel better for this than the 2.6, or, when all else fails, toss the computer in front of the nearest rig passing by sort of thing. Thanks for the support, I am sure I will need some if it does not work fairly easily (or give me something that I understand in the errors :) Other than this list, are there any other 'good' references to look at when things don't work? Laslty, are there any white-papers that cover the differences between what is being done at the linuxbios level vs. the linux kernel level with devices and such? (I am just one of those people that likes to know the how and why of everything :) Thanks again! --EAL--
_______________________________________________ Linuxbios mailing list [EMAIL PROTECTED] http://www.clustermatic.org/mailman/listinfo/linuxbios

