Hello,

In the file /freebios2/src/northbridge/amd/amdk8/incoherent_ht.c, they are trying to …

            /* Spin through the devices and collapse any previous

             * hypertransport enumeration.

             */

Essentially, the ht_collapse_previous_enumeration() is writing to bits 20:16 of register 0x44 on the HT device, a.k.a. the Capabilities Register.  What happens is that the devices before this start with HT as 0.0.0 and so on.  After this, HT is 1.1.0.  Why does LB want to do this?

I’m not saying this is wrong or right, I just want to understand.  I have a PheonixBIOS for this same board I am working with and it doesn’t change the BASE_UNIT_ID and works fine.

Anyone want to elaborate on this?

Cheers,
Peter Van Echaute

Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]