Michael, sorry for the late reply.
What I remember we've added numerous hot keys to ease the access on a request
of a visually impaired user; I don't remember any complaints of such problems
you describe. He was obviously able to screen read and certainly was not
blocked from those information you mention.
Not sure what does "The information is displayed in an inaccessible way." mean.
DC++ is using standard Windows components, mostly rich text boxes, lists, edit
boxes, menus and dialogs for displaying most of the information.
I'm not familiar with screen reading software so I can't think of anything
problematic. If you are able to attach screenshots of how does DC++ look like
in your environment, it might give some clue why your reader software is unable
to read the information displayed.

** Changed in: dcplusplus

Dcplusplus-team, which is subscribed to DC++.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1926222

Title:
  DC++ is not accessible to blind persons using screen reading software.

Status in DC++:
  Incomplete

Bug description:
  DC++ does not verbalize any information to screen readers for blind
  users. No information in any of the fields is verbalized nor can I
  even attempt to access the information in an offline mode available
  with the screen readers. The information is displayed in an
  inaccessible way.When I attempt to use DC++ my screen reader software
  does not verbalize any information either about what DC++ transmits
  about hubs nor my connection status. Has there been any attempt to
  make this program accessible? Thanks.