2005/12/21, Dinesh Joshi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
>
> On Tuesday 20 December 2005 21:49, Puneet Lakhina wrote:
> > I have a relatek rtl 8139 based zebronics ethernet card after a lot
> > of struggle i manged to obtain the drivers that compiled properly.
> > But after doing depmod as the readme file said, what do i do next..
> > I use fc2, i have tried using wizards that come with fc2 as m a
> > newbie, but that says the device is probably not there although it
> > works fine m$
>
> Whats the difference between Realtek's 8139 NIC and Zebronics RTL 8139
> based NIC? Whats the PCI ID that you are getting after
> running /sbin/lspci -n. I too have the same card but from D-Link. It
> gives me this PCI ID: 10ec:8139. AFAIK it doesnt matter whether you
> have a D-link or a Zebronics NIC based on the RTL-8139 chipset.


The lspci output pertaining to ether net card is
01:06.0 Ethernet controller: Unknown device 1904:2031 (rev 01)

> I have tried googling but havent found anything that would solve my
> > problem.
>
> Zebronics seems to be some obscure Indian company so you wont find
> anything on google. Your best chance would be to google the PCI ID that
> you get.
>
> --
> Dinesh A. Joshi
>
> --
> http://mm.glug-bom.org/mailman/listinfo/linuxers
>



--
Puneet
--
http://mm.glug-bom.org/mailman/listinfo/linuxers

Reply via email to