Hello All,

I had installed the hylafax packages through 'adept' in Kubuntu 5.10 but
never configured them. Finally I decided and google showed up useful
links for the
setup. The first one is the server configuration given here
http://www.aboutdebian.com/fax.htm

The server setup smoothly and using 'kdeprintfax', I was able to send
messages to my fax machine. However I was looking for a fax printer that
would be a part of my printer list when giving the print command. So
this link looked promising
http://xtronics.com/reference/Debian-print2hylafax.htm  After a lot of
haggling and bargaining with different qt3 libs, I finally managed to
get 'faxfrontend' up and running only to discover that its similar to
kdeprintfax. Both of these are separate utilities that need the file to
be selected and then its sent. However I am still looking for that
elusive fax printer that can be selected from the print menu.

The Kubuntu 5.10 'System Settings' does have a printer setup with a
'print to fax printer' but its settings are blank.
Any clues on how to link the fax applications with that fax
printer?

Regards,

Rony.

                
___________________________________________________________ Yahoo! Photos – NEW, now offering a quality print service from just 8p a photo http://uk.photos.yahoo.com


--
http://mm.glug-bom.org/mailman/listinfo/linuxers

Reply via email to